Definition: Financial Market refers to a marketplace, where creation and trading of financial assets, such as shares, debentures, bonds, derivatives, currencies, etc. take place. It plays a crucial role in allocating limited resources, in the country’s economy. It acts as an intermediary between the savers and investors by mobilising funds between them.
Two days ago here in Brazil, we were shocked when we spent some time with some children living on the streets. And this is what one child told us: "I wish I was rich and if I were, I would give all the street children food, clothes, medicine, shelter and love and affection." 在巴西，我被2天前见到的情景震惊了，那时我和当地的小孩在玩耍，其中一个小孩说：“我希望我能富裕起来，然后我会给这个街道所有的小孩饭吃，给他们衣服穿，医疗，住房和爱”。
Functions of Financial Market
- It facilitates mobilisation of savings and puts it to the most productive uses.
- It helps in determining the price of the securities. The frequent interaction between investors helps in fixing the price of securities, on the basis of their demand and supply in the market.
- It provides liquidity to tradable assets, by facilitating the exchange, as the investors can readily sell their securities and convert assets into cash.
- It saves the time, money and efforts of the parties, as they don’t have to waste resources to find probable buyers or sellers of securities. Further, it reduces cost by providing valuable information, regarding the securities traded in the financial market.
The financial market may or may not have a physical location, i.e. the exchange of asset between the parties can also take place over the internet or phone also.
Classification of Financial Market
- By Nature of Claim
- Debt Market: The market where fixed claims or debt instruments, such as debentures or bonds are bought and sold between investors.
- Equity Market: Equity market is a market wherein the investors deal in equity instruments. It is the market for residual claims.
- By Maturity of Claim
- Money Market: The market where monetary assets such as commercial paper, certificate of deposits, treasury bills, etc. which mature within a year, are traded is called money market. It is the market for short-term funds. No such market exist physically; the transactions are performed over a virtual network, i.e. fax, internet or phone.
- Capital Market: The market where medium and long term financial assets are traded in the capital market. It is divided into two types:
- Primary Market: A financial market, wherein the company listed on an exchange, for the first time, issues new security or already listed company brings the fresh issue.
- Secondary Market: Alternately known as the Stock market, a secondary market is an organised marketplace, wherein already issued securities are traded between investors, such as individuals, merchant bankers, stockbrokers and mutual funds.
- By Timing of Delivery
- Cash Market: The market where the transaction between buyers and sellers are settled in real-time.
- Futures Market: Futures market is one where the delivery or settlement of commodities takes place at a future specified date.
- By Organizational Structure
- Exchange-Traded Market: A financial market, which has a centralised organisation with the standardised procedure.
- Over-the-Counter Market: An OTC is characterised by a decentralised organisation, having customised procedures.
Passion, perseverance and a positive attitude tend to set successful entrepreneurs apart. Cultivating these attributes requires an innate skill set and some tips to get started.
同时，美国Rapper歌手Eminem被证明是“复出王”，摘得最佳Hip Hop歌手奖。”The Lose Yourself ”的创作者与Hip Hop的新面孔相互竞争，包括Drake, Future, Kendrick Lamar and Post Malone。
swimming；Synchronised swimming；diving；canoeing；Whitewater slalom；Still Water；Rowing；Sailing；Water Ball
Last but by no means least is our favourite fact that Norway once knighted a penguin. His name is Nils Olav, and he is a king penguin who now resides on Edinburgh Zoo, Scotland. He is the mascot and Colonel-in-Chief of the Norwegian Royal Guard. He was knighted on 15th August, 2008, which was approved by King Harald V, who stated during the ceremony that Nils was "in every way qualified to receive the honour and dignity of knighthood".